12.16.2006

I went to Stephen & Ming's holiday party today, and I met two more Cindy's. In my experience, Cindy's are a very cool breed.

Cindy Y is rather new to the Bay area, but I knew her as one of the original founders of ITASA when she was going to school on the east coast. She, along with some of the original big-wigs of the 2nd gen Taiwanese American community, created a legacy for our student community like no other.

Cindy H #2, also a lawyer, used to be quite active in the Taiwanese American community as well. It turns out we have a handful of mutual friends, including some long-lost connections from as far away as Texas. The first thing I said to her when we were introduced was, "you look so familiar... why?" Well, it turned out that she is Nancy's sister, and their aunt runs the Taiwanese American newspaper so familiar to our community.

I should also mention Cindy C, who is super-active with the FAPA YPG group. She recently helped to organize an election observation tour in Taiwan. The interesting thing is that Carolyn was on that trip, and their entire group met old TAFer Eric C and old college friend Felicia L, who apparently were speakers for the group.

I must not forget to mention two more Cindy's.

There is the original Cindy H #1, my oldest and possibly only friend, and who is just the coolest and hippest Cindy out there. She helps to make things happen in Hollywood. You can't get more real than her.

And then locally, there is the very adorable Cindy L who I admire dearly, but she doesn't quite know it. She may eventually grow to become one of the big mover and shakers of our Taiwanese American community.

So there it is - evidence why you should name your future child Cindy.

OK, off to holiday party #2 for the day...

1 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not old!!!

Cindy H #1.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home