12.07.2006

As a physician, I'm the one who is supposed to make evaluations and dole out advice. Tonight, the tables were unexpectedly turned on me as a patient's aunt felt it was in my best interest to do a psychic reading for me on the spot. I was too kind to refuse.

Apparently, I have a good heart and only know how to give to others. What I show on the outside isn't who I am on the inside. And people just don't see the real me. Furthermore, my love life has only been full of heartbreak, one after another... most recently shattered by someone who I care for dearly and secretly...

There was more to the story, and I was intrigued. Except, she said I had to provide "a little financial donation" in order to hear the rest of the psychic reading.

Having suddenly lost interest in my future, and looking for a graceful way to end this conversation, I replied, "I can't accept such services in a setting like this due to ethical and legal guidelines.

"We could take this transation outside," she countered.

"I can't leave the clinic," I whispered.

She quickly whispered back, "no one has to know."

With my best I'm-so-disappointed face on, I leaned toward her and responded, "you're so good at reading me, you probably could've predicted that I have to say no."

"Yea..."

"Hey, little Susy is looking alot better... I guess you can go home now! G'nite!"

2 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger Wil C said...

OH! Goood dodge. I wouldn't have come up with that, other than an embarrassed, "sorry, I don't want to."

As for heartbreak, gotta keep plodding on yo, and make some magic happen.

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm with willhelm.

& the end is definitely sufficiently awkward.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home