1.30.2002

I'm still thinking about her.

Whenever people ask me who I admire, or who my hero is, I usually don't have much of an answer. Other than Superman or Luke Skywalker, I never could really name any one person - a person who was real anyways. But this all changed not too long ago. I remember watching Beyond Rangoon for the first time about 5 years ago and feeling such awe after watching a scene where Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, the leader of the pro-democracy movement, walks silently and calmly towards and past soldiers aiming assault rifles at her. I was so inspired by the portrayal of this character that I went and bought a book about her and Burma's struggles. I think of this woman as a modern day Ghandhi or Martin Luther King, Jr - but with a style all her own. Today, she still remains under house arrest in Burma. She is someone I continue to follow. I hope the best for Burma and her people.

Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, you are my hero. I love what you stand for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home