1.30.2002

Speaker panel was great! Nice presentations on a variety of topics. As I was sitting in the audience, I looked over my shoulder at one point, and I believe one of the chancellors was sitting in the row behind me. It shouldn't be a big deal, but a couple of years ago, I wrote a somewhat critical letter addressed to this chancellor, which also made it into the school newspaper. Basically, I commented on the contradiction between the University's self-praise of having one of the most diverse student populations in the country and their lack of serious attention to Asian American student concerns. I wonder if I should have introduced myself to this chancellor... "umm, remember that letter in the paper?? and all the other similar letters you got at that time? that was me..." Well, just to be fair, lots of things have improved over the past couple of years. It could always be better though.

So, now I'm off to hop around downtown, and maybe take some pretty snowfall pictures. I'm looking forward to seeing Beyond Rangoon this evening. What a day it's gonna turn out to be... a little bit of Asian American issues and a little bit of pro-democracy movement. Maybe some more dark chocolates in between. A day in the life of me. How interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home