9.10.2008

As many of you know, I've been designing T-shirts as fundraisers for the web portal site I run, TaiwaneseAmerican.org. Since the very successful "Stinky Tofu Walks Alone" design, no other has matched its popularity. Over past year, I've been thinking about various designs for a bah-tzang (the Taiwanese tamale) design... but just couldn't get it right. Or at least one that I thought would achieve all my goals. Of importance to me was that a design that conveys the uniqueness of the Taiwanese bah-tzang, even if you've never eaten one before. Also, the design had to differentiate it from the similar Chinese, Hong Kong, Singaporean or other Asian styles of preparing it. Most who are familiar with the Taiwanese one knows its ingredients well and also know it has more of a triangular shape compared to ones you might find in a typical Chinatown. It took about a year for me to come up with an idea which would subtlety display Taiwanese pride for this favorite food, yet still be stylish to wear. And so here it is. Finally. It's really much cooler if you look at it for awhile.




Buy one at: http://taiwaneseamerican.org/promote.html

1 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, awesome. I think I found four islands. Great job Hoch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home