1.12.2004

A doctor's office can be a scary place for little kids (y'know, the shots and all). A child in the clinic today saw an opportunity to make a break for it and did so. I happened to be passing by the lobby, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a boy in a red shirt zig zag around people waiting in the lobby and slip through a closing door out onto the street. Just as the mother, nurse and desk clerk started yelling, I reflexively bolted out the clinic door, chased the kid down in front of traffic, and bear-hugged him back inside the clinic, while he screamed, kicked, and wailed like you wouldn't believe. All this in a day's work...

On a calmer note, I had a nice dinner with Susan and Lynna at a nice Thai restaurant. I've replenished my energy stores so that I can continue to keep the streets safe... and free of runaway children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home