3.12.2003

I went to see another film at the festival entitled Long Life, Happiness, and Prosperity, and I must say that it was one of the most entertaining films I've seen in the past year. Sandra Oh is a talented actress - I was impressed by her performance in Double Happiness when it first came out years ago at the Chicago Asian American film festival, and after tonight, I'm still stunned by her range of talent. Mina Shum, the same director, does a great job with this film, shedding light on the human spirit and personal hopes/dreams. I must admit that I'm always fascinated by the mind of a 12 year old; Co-star Valerie Tian was just a pleasure to watch - her character definitely knew how to walk to the beat of her own drum. I'd watch this movie again in a heartbeat, if only to watch a particular serenading scene between two men... Hilarious!


Well, that's it for now! Thanks for joining us! Next week, on Ho Chie's Movie Reviews, we discuss film classic Blue Crush and an oldie, but goodie, A Walk To Remember... Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home