2.08.2003

A long frustrating day ended much better than it started out. I wanted to attend this TACL mixer event in the city right after work since it sounded like a great way to end a busy week. So I was working at a nice steady pace all day thinking to myself "darn, I'm efficient" when suddenly I was assigned a new patient late in the afternoon. Not a straight-forward patient mind you, but a complex one... So I ended up staying an extra 3 hours to take care of this patient, when I really should have signed out of the hospital long before. I usually don't complain, but it was a Friday, I have only one day off this weekend, and I just wanted get out at a reasonable hour to hang with my Taiwanese American peeps. Needless to say, I was feeling a bit bummed, but when duty calls, I must sacrifice. I left the hospital very late in the evening, but I decided to go to the event anyways hoping to catch up with some of my buddies afterwards. Sure enough, I caught the end of it - and saw Cec, Sophia, John, Cinyee, Dennis, Alice... and Anny had saved me some food "to go." (Thanks Anny!) Plus, I got to chat with some new people. I also made a new Berkeleyite friend, Daphne, who says she'll treat to me to bubble tea next week. Yay! I feel like I have somewhat of a real life now. Well, at least for today and tomorrow.

OK, time to go to sleep. I've had a cumulative 6 hours of sleep in the past 70 hours. Such is my life as a resident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home