11.16.2002

I just got back from working at the Urgent Care Center. I'm happy to say it was an uneventful evening for me. After having the day off, I definitely wasn't in the mood to be working too hard. So, it was actually quite a relief to just deal with sprains, strains, bumps on heads, and healthy babies. Reassurance is the key word here. And a little Motrin on the side to help with pain. There are some nights where I'm the one that deserves the Motrin though...

I'm home now. It's a peacefully quiet Friday night. Vanessa is asleep, all tired out from her long day of travelling and campus exploring. I'm sitting at my desk with only a bright laptop screen illuminating the desk in front of me. I'm eating my Costco croissant and Babybel cheese, savoring every bite since I skipped dinner.

All I can think of is how nice it is to have this weekend off from this really intense residency program. I keep thinking that it's not a normal human experience to have to work so hard for so many hours per week for an entire 3 years. Other people get to enjoy a nice 9 to 5 schedule, take decent lunch breaks, and certainly don't have to sleep at work every 4th night. What did I get myself into? But, ah well, I guess I really like being able to take care of kids. I figure I somehow made it this far already. In the end, I know it will all be worth it. I just have to get there. And, like I said, it's a really nice and quiet Friday night for once. Plus, it feels good to have a friend visiting me this weekend. Vanessa just has this energy that is so full of life too. I'm looking forward to exploring the city with her tomorrow. This shall be my opportunity to get away from it all for just a little while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home