11.10.2002

Such a small world. I went out to dinner with John, Lara, Phil, and Amy at Park Chow - a hip little joint near UCSF. Since Judy lived around the block and I hadn't seen her since I moved out here, she came by to sit for awhile too. Turned out Judy knows friends of both Phil and John because they all went to U of M together at about the same time. Judy and Phil also know Eddie, who is one of the Attending physicians at my hospital.

That of course would be amazing enough, but it didn't end there. While we were eating dinner, a group of Amy's friends came in. One of them asked if I knew Venni, who was standing outside with the rest of their party. And, I did, because she's a visiting med student from Texas doing a rotation at my hospital. Venni, by the way, also knows Curtis (from TAYL and TAF) because they went to college together. I lost count of the degrees of separation...

Afterwards, our little dinner group went to chill at an artsy cafe nearby. Tall warehouse height ceilings. Odd angles. Central cafe stand. Couches. Tables surrounded by walls of art. Very original. Very cool. I'm inspired. I would like to find time to start drawing again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home