11.28.2002

I just got back from Cammy and Bob's Thanksgiving dinner. That was one darn good turkey dinner - probably the best "American" style T-day dinner I've ever eaten (thanks to Bob's culinary skills). I guess I never realized how "Asianized" my family's T-day dinners were before this. For example, it wouldn't be unusual to find turkey stuffing made from rice, Taiwanese style yams, soy sauce somethings, a napa cabbage dish, or even duck instead of turkey... Definitely fusion. Anyways, it was nice having such a yummy dinner, and seeing the cousins and meeting their friends too. I am now preparing my stomach for TAYL dim sum tomorrow, followed by Thanksgiving dinner #2 at Jesse and Rochelle's. Yes, I am a spoiled American. But at least I feel the turkey's pain...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home