4.19.2002

Thanks to Janet, I had a real lunch today with real bread and real meat! Oh yeah! This is instead of my more recent meals consisting of whatever dried or canned food items sitting in the deepest reaches of my pantry or cabinets. It's amazing what kind of interesting soups one can create with, say, a few grains of rice, some old canned veggies, peanuts, jerky, soy sauce, Marshmallow Peeps... I'm just kidding about the Peeps. Anyways, I've learned a few other things: Two or more eggs added to ramen to make it a pseudo-substantial meal. Ice cream makes a great breakfast. Ice cream makes a great lunch. Ice cream can substitute for dinner on occasions. Lemonade concentrate can be stretched to about 6 or 8 liters with a few tea bags and lots of sugar. If someone offers you mangoes, take 'em - good source of fiber. Marshmallow Peeps can suppress the hunger pains... Given my desire for real food, I am looking forward to going to New York tomorrow after the APAMSA health fair. I anticipate some excellent Taiwanese food in Flushing along with some excellent company!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home