2.27.2002

I am now committed to running a workshop at ITASA 2002 down in Champaign in April. It's gonna be so nice to visit the good ol' alma mater and see some TAFers again. I'm reminiscing about all that time spent down at UIUC pushing for the Asian American Studies program and increasing awareness on various issues... I have a feeling things have changed for the better over all those years. But I wonder if the AAA is still as strong as it used to be, or if it's gone back to just being a social group. That was my baby during the college years. Well, at least they have a cool website though.

It's nice that TASC is still going strong... I was there with Rolla, Jason, Margaret, and all those other old folks trying to think of a name for the group back in the day... Anyways, I think this upcoming conference would be a great opportunity for any blogger stalker to come and learn a thing or two about Taiwanese American stuff. That reminds me - it's 228 tomorrow. Consider fasting from midnight to midnight to remember all the lives that were lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home