2.24.2002

I've been staying out too late these past couple of nights. That's so unlike me. I am completely pooped out! Anyways, today was a good day. After our local APAMSA health fair event, we met up with the APAMSA National Officers who were having their retreat in Chicago at Dr. B. Li's impressive-looking condo. They're a very cool group - the kind of people I respect, just because they care about stuff and are willing to do something about it. We all hung out after dinner and did the kitchen talk thing. Caught up with my buddy Alice and fellow APAMSA-lifer Vincent, and chatted a good deal with Arlene and Josephine, two very cool Pinay sistahs - just like our very own Liza! The evening just got better as it went along... I'm so excited because we got to watch an advance copy of the Filipino American independent film, The Debut. I've been looking forward to it, but it's only been showing in a few cities on the west and east coasts. We just had to take a pic with the videotape and synopsis sheet - I know, we are way too dorky... But, hey, that's ok with me. So, all this Filipino cultural exposure is bringing me back to my HS days when I used to hang out with my neighborhood Flip crew... They were the original Bboyz. I was just dorky then too... haha...

What you don't see is the waterbed challenged to its bursting point...

Arlene is the only one looking! The Chicago "debut" of The Debut!

So, the night didn't end there... Charlie and I had to catch up with DK for his birthday... DK is my awesome little sib from med school... But, he's much cooler than me. We hung out with him and others at a nice cozy bar for awhile. Very chill. I liked. Bonus for the evening: a second dose of Janet! I don't see this girl for ages... and suddenly, WHAM!, two nights in a row!


DK, after 1 drink too many... j/k!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home