9.13.2006

Here we go, a blast to the past... twenty years to be exact.

It was a period when life seemed simpler, a time when the world was supposed to revolve around me-me-me. Big hair was "awesome," and break dancing was "totally rad!" My favorite song was "Always" by Atlantic Starr, and my friendships were "4 ever." Being "cool" was the most important thing, until discovering that first crushes were everything.

When I look back and compare my life to how it felt back then, I'm appreciative of where life has taken me, how I've grown and changed, and what I've accomplished so far. Because, now I have it straight: "4 ever" is simply a state of mind, a way to live your life. It is a commitment to something greater than yourself. It is knowing that "cool" and "awesome" is embodied in everyone. And maybe, it is a privilege to cross paths with so many wonderful people in this tiny world.

I'm glad to be where I am today. And I hope the very best for all of you.


A group of my friends in 1987.

Yes, that would be me center stage in 1988.
Today, I'd rather be backstage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home