3.18.2006

I saw some amazing films, documentaries, and shorts today. My favorite was probably a feature film called American Fusion, an adorable little comedy confronting cultural and racial boundaries in relationships. The nuances of growing up with Asian values (and prejudices) were so well portrayed, I found myself laughing and teary-eyed all at once. I have a feeling it will be picked up by a major studio and come out in wide-release sometime in the near future. A definite crowd-pleaser...

Another nice surprise this evening was one of many excellent short films titled My Prince, My Angel. Throughout the film, I kept wondering why the main male lead character looked so familiar... As the credits rolled, it turned out to be Kelvin Yu, who I haven't seen in about a decade, but I remember clearly as a youthful, energetic, and creative Junior High Staffer for TAF back in the early 90's. It's nice to see that he's doing well with his acting career.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home