1.19.2006

Accomplishments this week:

1. I created a plan to develop a domain name that I now own: TaiwaneseAmerican.org - a portal site to 2nd generation Taiwanese American national events and organizations. It will be beautiful.

2. While chatting with Anna, my hero, about her future possible documentary projects, I defined a new academic sociology term, which I think has never been used. Well, at least Google says so: Immigrational Classism is prejudice, discrimination, mistreatment, or lack of respect by an immigrant group towards another immigrant group oftentimes, but not necessarily, of the same ethnicity. The term is commonly used to reflect the differing reasons that initiate immigration patterns and the resulting politicosocioeconomic segregation (i.e. professional brain-drains, political shifts, economic status, immigration laws, refugee status, etc). Yea, I worked on it for about 5 minutes, so excuse me if it's not completely coherent yet...

3. After months of contemplation, I finalized my Life Mission Statement: To positively impact individuals and community by cultivating personal values and passion, motivating progressive change, and realizing community potential.

4. While eating lunch with Mengting at Ikea (yes, you can eat a good meal there) and talking about the Taiwanese community, I came up with the vision to "revive" the 1st generation Taiwanese American Association (TAA) in a more 2nd generation form because it plainly should be an all-encompassing umbrella type organization. Who sees this vision with me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home