4.29.2005

I'm going with Lester, Young, and Andy to the New Order Concert tonight. I mentioned this to people throughout the past week, and interestingly, most of the conversations went something like this:

Me: "I'm going to the New Order concert this Friday!"
Asian friend: "Who are they? I don't think I know them."
Me: "Wha?! How can you not know New Order? C'mon, the song Bizarre Love Triangle? It's like the national anthem of Asian America? OMG."

So, I've concluded that:
1. Most of my current friends are too young.
2. Or, I'm just way outdated.
3. Asian Americans from the Midwest/East Coast do not inhabit the same country as Asian Californians.
4. And apparently, New Order is still together... I'm guilty for not knowing either.
5. The audience is going to filled with old fogies with their prime in the 80's, like me.

*EDIT* In addition to the friends mentioned above, we ended up sitting with Connie's group of friends and waved to Karisa & Brian's group from afar. I also bumped into one of my co-workers, Jeanie, who was with Andrew. Plus I know Jocelyn and Vicky were somewhere amongst the masses... Yup, all old fogies. At least New Order played the classics to appease us...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home