2.23.2004

Today was one of those days where one smile turned into another. No big events. Just lots of little things that made me smile. It went something like this...

I woke up this morning feeling really good because I didn't have to go to work today due to cancelled clinics on my rotation (sleepy closed-eyes one-sided smile).


Since they are members, and I am not, Armen and Mike took me to Costco where I bought lots of toilet paper and paper towels to last me months (grin).


Then they treated me to lunch at Zao, an asian fusion restaurant, where we had this super-cute-petite Asian American waitress serving us (jaw-dropping smile).


After lunch, Mike wanted to go to Cold Stone Creamery. So we went, and he treated me to some Mocha + Oreo/Peanut Butter cups ice cream (satisfied smile).


Then, they dropped me off at my usual bubble tea house, where I chatted online with Karisa at work and then Vivian in Japan for awhile (heart-to-heart smile).


Of course, I had my dose of bubble tea, but the girl at the register noticed it was not my usual order of "taro milk tea, hot, with pearls" (funny cute smile).


On my way out of the tea house, I coincidentally bumped into my next-door neighbor, who I think is just really pretty. I might have a crush (flirty smile).


I walked back home and just took in the beautiful day. For once, it was amazingly sunny and clear outside - the kind of day I live for here (happy grin).


While at home, I got an unexpected call from fellow resident, Kathleen, and we chatted briefly about the Lion King musical that I recently saw (content smile).


Immediately after, I got a call from a deputy sheriff, as my thoughts raced through all the illegal activities I might allegedly be accused of (brief concerned guilty look)...


But it turned out he was just promoting a concert to benefit my hospital, so we had a good conversation when I mentioned I was a doctor there (smile of relief).


I also got a nice email from Cat, who just got accepted to med school, so I am planning on meeting her for lunch tomorrow (heart-felt happy and excited smile).


Now, I'm just waiting for the guys to come back from their mini-trip to SF, so that I can start BBQing some of the ribs I bought today (hungry lip-smacking grin).


The rest of the evening is yet to be written. More smiles and laughs I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home