8.19.2003

It's official. I have too much time on my hands. And yes, I know Mitchell is missing. That's what the movie is about. Read the movie synopsis and review


S.I.L.T.
August 2003

Starring: Jeremy Chen, Lillian Cheng, Mitchell Chung, Tinya Peng, Ryan Wang.

Manchester Pictures presents a film co-directed by Christine Shay and Jon Lee. Written by the JH Staff. MPAA Rating PG-13 for language and cultural references. Running time 123 minutes.

By Ho Chie Tsai

The tables are turned when the Taiwanese American Foundation's S.I.L.T. (Special Intermediate Leadership Training) unit must rescue fellow S.I.L.T. officer Meecho (Chung), an unsuspecting victim of Racism and Prejudice. An old veteran TAF officer (Tsai) is given a second chance to bring together a new S.I.L.T. team to protect Meecho and the JH community against an unknown enemy.

As individual stories unfold through the eyes of S.I.L.T. members played by Wang, Cheng, Peng, and Chen, the uncertainty and drama intensify. However, the JH community comes together in unified force by taking old school Captain Moynihan’s leadership lessons to heart.

In a climactic final sequence, the S.I.L.T. team joins the TAF leadership in overcoming Racism and Prejudice and empowering Meecho to look beyond violence. What results is a transformation of character through self-reflection and identification of ethics and values. The ending lifts our protagonists to a higher level of understanding than could possibly be imagined.

Expert cinematography by the JH staff under the direction of Shay and Lee provide a stimulating interpretation of personal self-discovery and the search for community identity.

In a summer of several generic campy films, “S.I.L.T.” is a well-made action/drama thriller that stands out as a superior role model for future generations of films. I give this film two thumbs up, and I can’t wait for the sequel planned for release in August 2004.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home