4.19.2003

And the special guest is Karen!! Yay!

I joined Karen, Jason and their dad in Chinatown to eat dim sum. Then we wandered around to look for a bubble tea place because in Columbus, Ohio, I guess there's only one bubble tea place. How sad. Afterwards, I stole Karen away and took her around Berkeley for a little bit. We also stopped by my buddy Ivy's wushu tournament, took in the view from Indian Rock, and then shared some Cheeseboard pizza (my favorite!) before heading back to the NATWA Conference hotel.

It turned out that Welly was going to be performing (a nice surprise), so I stuck around to see him again. While we were waiting around, all these TAF moms who had travelled in from the Midwest recognized me and came up to say hello. It's a very nice feeling to be remembered, and inevitably, they all had stories about my first interaction with their kids at TAF... how they had so much fun, how their lives were changed by TAF, or how they remembered this little detail or that, etc... Lots of all-around hugs by Taiwanese moms - very cool.

It was a very nice relaxing day hanging with one of my original Juniors, now all grown up. Miss you already Karen!


SF Chinatown and the Bay Bridge. "You can do it Jason!"

Drink bubble tea and be merry! Tough dragon tattoos! Wushu wa-ha!

Admiring the Golden Gate and Bay. Chillin' on top of Indian Rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home