10.19.2002

Today is the first day I've seen sunlight the whole week! I get up too early and get home too late on all the other days. But it's all good. I like what I'm doing and how I'm doing.

Yesterday, I had the cutest little patient - a Korean American girl recovering from an inner ear surgery who previously had significant hearing loss in both ears. She just laid there quietly in bed, still somewhat drowsy, with a purple bandage wrapped around her head. It was so adorable. When her parents talked to her in mixed English/ Korean/ and sign language, she would mostly sign back... in English. Imagine that, her parents had to learn both English and American sign language just to communicate with her. That is so interestingly and uniquely Asian American. Yet not. And it made me feel such a connection with her and her parents. I hope she recovers well today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home