8.07.2002

Full Circle. Once again.
So, this is how cool life is every once in awhile. If you've been keeping up with my blog, you'll remember that I know Connie through TAYL camp in the bay area. She's one of the few people I know out here that has a blog page. Here she is in the middle:

Well, she just came back from her trip to Illinois/Indiana (next to my hometown, no less) where she attended some Taiwanese Hakka conference or something. I read her blog, caught her online, only to find out that Maria was her group leader. This is the same Maria from Texas who I wrote about in my blog of April 5, 2002 while at the ITASA conference.

Connie writes: "Went to Chicago, now we're talking to people in the Hakka youth group of Naperville. Lets see if I remember all the people from the group: Jessica, Linda, Judy, Emily, Pat, Ben, Eric, Anne." Now, I bet that my very own blog buddies, Frank or Kathy, have met some of these kids or at least their parents all know each other. I'll put money on that one... Oh, and did Connie mention something about Chihuly in her blog? Was I not there just recently?

Connie, on the census count of Asians in Indiana: "I've been counting Asian people in Muncie [Indiana]. Three. I think I'm obsessed...At least in Indy there were more than 10, cause we ran into a Japanese tour..." Well, dear, if you look towards Manchester, Indiana at this very moment, you'll find many more Taiwanese Americans gathered there than anywhere else in the entire Midwest.

And once again, I've proven how small this world can be. Now, wouldn't it be even more amazing if I were in Illinois today and Indiana tomorrow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home