6.26.2002

It's a little after 3 am here. I just wanted to make a note for myself so that I can look back years from now and remember how strange a feeling it is to be "the resident housestaff on call." Suddenly, I'm the one signing orders and making medication requests after the nurses call and notify me about a patient. The first thought that runs through my mind is, "are you sure I should be signing this thing?" On this neonatal intensive care service, I have 7 of my own patients, and I'm covering about 10 more overnight. It's a scary feeling. I don't want to screw up. And I'm sure I don't really know what I'm doing. Thank goodness for the all the wonderful nurses and their years of experience and for the very supportive Attending physicians, Dave and Nick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home