4.13.2002

Mengting sighting #3 at the film festival. Those Northwestern people seem to be EVERYWHERE. Who knows, she's probably saying the same thing about me. I only met her about a week ago, and for the longest time I couldn't figure out why she seemed so familiar or why her name rung a bell. I thought that it was most likely from crossing paths with her at the Northwestern ITASA 2000 conference. But that didn't explain why she looked so familiar. And then, I discovered why... She went to TAF for one year back in 1998, and even though I don't think I ever met her that week, I must have gone through that TAF yearbook so many times that her image became so ingrained in my memory. She probably won't appreciate this, but here's a picture of Mengting's small group from that old TAF 98 directory. She's changed a little bit since then but undoubtedly remains quite familiar... That's what you get when you go to TAF. Even for one year. Well, I'm grateful that I actually had the chance to chat with her a little bit over the past week. Oftentimes, the more you find out about a person, the more you'd like to know. She's definitely one of those types of people - very interesting. I hope I cross paths with her again in the future. Anyways, it's likely that she'll come across this blog sometime soon, so I'll just take a moment to say to her: It was a pleasure to finally meet you. Again. And again. And again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home