3.17.2002

Ouch Ouch. I'm paying for a late night out... The original plan was to end the evening early and catch up on some post-call sleep. Didn't happen. After dinner at Sherry's, I went over to Vida's restaurant where some of the U of I gang had gotten together because Rebecca was in town for a Women of Color Conference. I always feel great after sitting with them just because they're so like-minded and such activists. They "care" - and that is something I respect and admire so much. Rebecca's friends Betty and Stephanie were there too, which was cool because I recognized Stephanie from my last year (her first year) in college. That was so long ago - but that brought back some nice memories. She's also had some interesting experiences living in Japan in recent years. Well, after some catching up and goofing off with the whole gang, we decided to relocate to a Bucktown bar. Parking was a pain, standing in line was a pain, but we finally just settled in at a little bar and chatted for awhile. A couple of Rebecca's friends from LA joined us too, and they were just completely cool - as her friends always are. After hanging out with so many Asian American activists yesterday night - it's starting to stir up some of the inner fire that I've managed to suppress during all these years in med school... Now that med school is coming to a close for me, I'm psyched about the upcoming ITASA conference, the Chicago AA film festival, possibly another APAMSA conference in New York, and even stuff I might be able to do while in residency... so psyched! Some of the people I know and meet are just too amazing.

old skoolers: Guia, Me, Vida, Rebecca, NaYoung, Oliver, Gordon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home