2.13.2002

** Spanish and Valentine's Day **
Every year at this time, I always regret one thing I did in high school. And that was signing up for that damn French class! Now, why the heck did I do that? Over the years, it has become clear to me, especially being in the medical profession, how useless French is (let me say again in my best French, FRIGGIN USELESS), especially when so many patients speak only Spanish. No one in our country speaks French except for some folk in Louisiana and our neighbors in Quebec or something. I don't plan on going to either of those places. So basically, the little French that I do know serves no real purpose. I remember back to that day when trying to decide which language to take to fulfill some bogus high school graduation requirement. Thinking how "romantic" it would be to know the language of love, I chose French. Besides, lots of people would know Spanish, and I could just ask them to translate. I didn't need to know it, because everybody else would. Yes, logic goes out the door when hormones are involved. So to this day, I can't speak more than a few words of pitiful-sounding Spanish. "Hola senora. Tenes dolor?" or something like that... So, listen to me friends - especially my young friends out there - TAKE SPANISH!! IT'S USEFUL & PRACTICAL!! FORGET LOVE & ROMANCE!! A friendly reminder as Valentine's Day approaches...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home