2.20.2002

I went downtown to do some studying at Borders... then afterwards, I stopped by the Art Institute for the Ansel Adams exhibition preview in honor of his 100th birthday. There must have been a thousand people who made it in. I was fairly lucky to get there early enough to hear this lecture by the curator, John Szarkowski. I guess he's also famous because he was affiliated with MoMA for 30 some years, wrote some history/theory books, blah blah blah. His presentation was fairly enlightening - but I couldn't help but notice he was speaking to an audience of mostly gray haired and "upper class" looking folk. Poor little Asian boy lost in a sea of white hair... Anyways, I think they turned away (I heard) about 5,000 people. All that waiting, and I saved myself $6. Woo hoo! Plus I had some cake and sparkling cider. And then I snuck a 2nd slice when no one was looking... Check out the 100th birthday cake sculpture made completely out of chocolate! It looked so yummy! Emily wanted me to take pics of my afternoon "trip" so she could live vicariously through me since she was stuck at home. So, voila! Here ya go:



Click here for the rest of my walking tour photos to/from downtown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home